Quick Enquiry

    Cosmetic Surgery to Deal with Hair Loss and Regain Confidence

    February 16, 2017

    Constant hair loss generally results in bald head and can affect your confidence level to the maximum extent. Mostly people with hair loss start avoiding social gatherings due to lack of confidence to face the world. Causes of Hair loss is due to many different factors and may vary from person to person.

    Genetic factors are the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women. Around 95% of the people face hair loss due to genetic factors. The rest 5% of the baldness is due to the other conditions like diet, stress, and illness.

    Hair Loss Treatment

    Hair loss can be treated by different methods depending on the cause and pattern of hair loss. Hair transplant can be done by two different methods like FUT (follicular unit transplantation) and FUE (follicular unit extraction).  The common hair restoration or hair replacement procedures include the following:

    Hair Grafting or Hair transplant

    Hair grafting is also called as hair transplant is a common cosmetic procedure to treat hair loss. Grafts are categorized into three types depending on the number:

    • Mini grafts – It contains one to two hair strands per graft
    • Strip grafts – It usually contain 4-10 hair strands
    • Punch grafts – These are long thin grafts containing 30-40 hair strands

    Hair Grafting Procedure

    Hair grafting procedure generally involves the removal of a portion of hair bearing scalp from the back of your head. The removed scalp is cut into small segments with varying amount of hair in each graft. These grafts when transplanted in the bald area will help in achieving a very subtle thickening and natural looking hair.

    In each session around 50 or more hair bearing segments are transplanted. Your cosmetic surgeon will close the donor sites with stitches and can be concealed by surrounding hair. A bandage or gauze can be used depending on the condition to cover the scalp. Stitches will come out on its own in around 10 days after the surgery. Several sessions are required for satisfactory results. The number of sessions varies from person to person. After each session is complete it takes around 2-4 months for the healing process to complete.

    Types of Hair Replacement Surgeries

    There are different types of hair replacement surgeries that can be selected for hair loss treatment. The common types of hair replacement surgeries include the following:

    1. Punch harvesting
    2. Excision
    3. Strip harvesting
    4. Flap surgery
    5. Scalp reduction
    6. Dilation
    7. Laser assisted grafting

    These cosmetic procedures for hair loss are highly beneficial as they can help you in regaining your confidence to face the world. You can consult hair clinics in Delhi for hair loss treatment. Hair restoration is a type of cosmetic surgery in Delhi that can be performed at South Delhi cosmetic clinic. Dr. Surender Chawla is the best cosmetic surgeon who can perform surgical hair transplant in Delhi. Surgical hair restoration in Delhi is also possible in hair clinic in Delhi at competitive rates.

    × How can I help you?
    Address :
    D-738 basement, Near, Market No-2, Chittaranjan, New Delhi,
    New Delhi - 110019